Don't Update SmartKika VF685 device, Just not yet! Please!

Unless you are familiar with boot loop and know how to get past that, don't upgrade your Smartkika VF685 to firmware 120HJG1. (Thank you Vodacom for deleting all my data, thank you!)




This is why:

I received an OTA(Over The Air) update, downloaded and tried to upgrade but for whatsoever reason my phone was stuck in the boot loop. Restarting it never help, neither is factory resetting the device. 
My device was low on memory so I thought that might be a cause, but no it wasn't. 

Luckily I know a thing or two about boot loops, so I flashed a stock firmware from the official site and I was able to get out of the loop. After booting up my device, I checked for an update and installed it again but back to square one; my phone was stuck in a boot loop again! So low memory was no issue. I contacted the officials and I'm awaiting a response.

What to do:

For now, don't upgrade! Here is the thing; our millage may differ. Things like this happen but for unknown reasons affect a select group. You might be among the lucky groups and have no issues.

If you haven't upgraded, I don't recommend you to do so unless you have all that it takes to work around that problem.

How to fix it:

If you have already upgraded and get stuck in a boot loop; check the official site for a firmware of your device but here are the tools that you'll need to get past that. N.B. Your data will be deleted.
1. A Computer
2. A USB(data cable) cable
3. A stock firmware: google your model number + firmware
4. SP Flash tool: get it here Plus they also have a tutorial that will help you.





Comments

Popular Posts

Qualify(App), which institutions do you qualify for?

Tablr (Timetable) APK for Android

10 useful Microsoft Word keyboard shortcuts

Get started with Android app development

Windows Apps that will change the way you browse through your computer